Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The Tarot Apprentice, Readers Studio, and the Waiting Begins...

Courtney Weber blogged about me today in connection with Readers Studio. This is my first time at Readers Studio, and I have butterflies in my stomach. It's going to be an amazing event and I am going to be learning much more about tarot than I ever thought possible. This will make me an even better tarot reader, and I can't wait to share the new skills I will be gaining with clients.

In preparation for Readers Studio, I am packing the following to use as my workhorse decks for the conference:
  • Tarot of the Boroughs (available at Readers Studio for purchase and here)
  • Legacy of the Divine Tarot
  • The Llewellyn Tarot
Why three decks? Because I am fickle, and I want to be prepared for that fickleness. I know I'm going to feel that I want to read with a certain deck and if I don't have it on hand, I will drive myself nuts.

In Tarot Apprentice contest news, the final challenge was posted on Monday. Now the waiting for the announcement of the winner begins. I feel a mix of relief, excitement, and nervousness. What if I'm not picked? What if I AM?! Either way, being a contestant on the Tarot Apprentice really pushed me to some of my limits (Read: vulnerabilities) both as a reader and as a potential businesswoman. It also made me aware of some things I say I don't do just because they are scary and difficult. Discomfort from something being new is one thing; that's something I can work through. There's a difference between setting boundaries because you realize that something doesn't work for you versus setting boundaries because you've never tried it. This is something I need to continue in my life, both as a reader and personally.

I will try to post a new blog after this weekend describing the indescribable: Readers Studio!

1 comment: